Author Topic: Who are the Furries? Furry demographic survey  (Read 3772 times)

uccfurry

• NewFur

Who are the Furries? Furry demographic survey
« on: 23 August, 2012, 09:37:44 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a PhD student at the Department of Applied Psychology, University College Cork. I am currently working on a study along with a lecturer in the department, which takes for its focus demographics of the Furry community. The study has been passed by the university ethics committee, involves taking a short survey, and is inoffensive and very easy to complete. Because of the nature of some of the questions (and for more general ethical reasons) it is intended only for participants of 18 years and over.

It would be a big help if you could consider taking the time out to complete the survey, linked below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSVZDZD

Thanks for your help, and if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them in-thread!

Hope this is OK to post - I looked around the site for a moderator to contact before posting but couldn't find a contact email address.

Danny

• Fuzzbutt

• http://www.furaffinity.net/user/toan/
« Reply #1 on: 23 August, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Just want to say thanks for the fact you inculded Asexuality in the options, because it is very rare to find in surveys, and the option of 'other please specify'. I would say to include Pansexual, and I think there's ones called Polysexual, Demisexual, Gray-A, but I guess they can use the 'other please specify'.
So thanks for that.

Also for including an 'other' option during the choose sex part, that's really nice.

So yeah, I doubt anyone will find this offensive since you kinda covered everything nicely ^-^

Piety

• Floof

« Reply #2 on: 24 August, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »
You've picked a very interesting subject matter... I'd be interested to know what your interest is in Furries?
I ask because we're not particularly well known and there isn't a great deal of quality studies gone into examining the furry community on a global scale, never mind a national scale. Is this study limited to Ireland? If so it'd be very difficult to imply inference to furries generally through what is a very small community :/

Never-the-less, I enjoyed completing your survey :3

P.S: You might want to consider adding "Civil Partnership" under the relationships category and "Would you wear a fursuit?" under the relevant category. They're both relevant to many and would make your coding much easier later.
"No one is more pious than the guilty. And I should know" ~ Stephen Erikson

uccfurry

• NewFur

« Reply #3 on: 24 August, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »
Hi guys, thank you for your comments and your kind words. To answer your questions, the survey is actually pretty global - it's gone up on a number of pretty big Furry websites/forums and we're getting a pretty good response rate so we are hoping to be able to come up with a representative sample!

Thanks for your suggestions, Piety! Definitely two things that will probably have to go into the next iteration.

Caenish

• 2Furry4U

• Personal Text
    Oh la la
    • NI Furs
« Reply #4 on: 25 August, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »
Just completed the survey, I'd be very interested in seeing the results when it's finished!

uccfurry

• NewFur

« Reply #5 on: 25 August, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
Great, thanks Caenish, I'll definitely get back to you guys with results!

James Varian

• NewFur

« Reply #6 on: 25 August, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
Also done the survey yesterday, glad to be of help.

Yasafusa

• Floof

« Reply #7 on: 04 September, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
...P.S: You might want to consider addin...P.S: You might want to consider adding "Civil Partnership" under the relationships category and "Would you wear a fursuit?" under the relevant category. They're both relevant to many and would make your coding much easier later.

I agree, in many cases fursuits are not in budget for people wanting them...

I enjoyed the questions, the options felt well-considered.

Seán O Mearnáin

• Fuzzbutt

• http://www.furaffinity.net/user/anbearmor/
« Reply #8 on: 05 September, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »
Just completed the survey, hope this aids you about furries in ireland